The Cheerful Giver
2 Corinthians 9:6–8
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.
What is Stewardship
Stewardship is often a topic that makes people uncomfortable and hearing the word can make some tune out the message. But do we really know what Stewardship means?
Stewardship involves managing the gifts God has given us: time, talents, and treasures. A steward is one who manages or administers someone else’s household affairs. As faithful servants we are called to live a life dedicated to using God’s gifts for His purposes and to His glory. 1 Peter 4:10 – “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace.”
Stewardship is not always about money, but treasures are an important part, our church cannot exist without your generous giving. It is not always about grand gestures, stewardship can be simple, faithful and God-pleasing gifts that happen every day. Sharing a kind word with someone, inviting someone to attend church with you, or sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, are all examples of us living our lives as God’s Stewards.
God calls us to share His word- we do this in our weekly ministry, youth education, and community outreach. There are so many great examples of us demonstrating God’s love every day. Think about what you can do as God’s Steward.
Learn more by connecting with email@example.com
Ways to Give
- Cash – in person
- Check- in person or mail in
- Bank -Using your bank’s bill pay program. Contribute one-time or set up recurring payments- weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly donations
- Tithe.ly -Give online or using mobile app. Listed as St. James Lutheran Church. Members have the option to pay the small transaction fee or pass it on to the church.
- Venmo- Give online or using mobile app. Listed under Personal-look up St. James Lutheran Church. @St-James-Lutheran-Church. Members have the option to pay the small transaction fee or pass it on to the church.
Ways to Serve
- Communion Assistant
- Communion Set Up/Clean Up
- Sunday School Teacher
- Coffee Hour
- Funeral Dinners
- Elders Committee
- Evangelism Committee
- Tuesday Free Meal